Adequate Instruction for Shipping Section II Lithium Batteries training course can be undertaken in your own time at your own pace. You will have access to a comprehensive workbook with exercises in each section to test your learning.
You will acquire the skills and knowledge to pack and ship lithium ion and lithium metal cells and batteries by air, in compliance with the Section II regulatory requirements of the ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – Packing Instruction PI 966, PI967, PI969 & PI 970.
The course covers the requirements of IATA DGR 1.6:
- Classification of lithium batteries being shipped.
- Documentation of procedures applied to lithium batteries being shipped.
- Written work instructions or other documentation, including automated controls.
- Review and understanding of documented procedures as applicable to the job function.
- Instruction records including date(s) for all employees.
- Refresher instructions provided at a minimum every two years or as the documented instructions are revised or regulations are changed.
- Reverse logistics, including transport mode and applicable prohibitions.
Once you have completed the course to a satisfactory level, you will be provided with a training certificate.
Any shippers wishing to ship lithium ion or lithium metal batteries using PI965 or PI968 in any quantity will need to undertake the full lithium battery shipper training – CLICK HERE