The IMDG Code Ship Operator Amendment 40-20 course is training for personnel responsible for and/or involved with managing the operation of a vessel carrying dangerous goods.
The IMDG Code Ship Operator course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- IMDG Code general provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- In-depth training on
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- documentation requirements and completion procedures
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements within a CTU
- segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on
- incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- the International Convention for Safe Containers
- dangerous goods in port areas
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training ship operator online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.