The IMDG Code Ship Loader Amendment 40-20 course is training for personnel responsible for and/or directly involved in ship loading/unloading operations.
This IMDG Code Ship Loader course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- IMDG Code general provisions
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- documentation requirements
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- additional provisions concerning transport including emergency response provisions
- In-depth training on
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements within a CTU
- segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- Training on incident and fire prevention in port and onboard ship
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training ship loader online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.