The IMDG Code Advanced training course is aimed at senior dangerous goods managers/dangerous goods safety advisers (DGSA’s) who require detailed training on all the main aspects of the IMDG Code provisions.
The IMDG Code Advanced course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of the IMDG Code general provisions
- In-depth training on
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- documentation requirements and completion requirements
- stowage requirements
- the segregation requirements within a CTU
- the segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- the requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on
- the use of CTUs
- incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- the International Convention for Safe Containers
- dangerous goods in port areas
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training advanced online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate.