The IMDG Code Consignor/Freight Forwarder course is online IMDG training for personnel with a management, supervisory and/or safety compliance role for a company involved in dangerous goods consignment operations, for example, shipping or freight forwarding.
The IMDG Code Consignor/Freight Forwarder course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- IMDG Code general provisions
- additional provisions concerning transport, including emergency response provisions
- stowage requirements
- In-depth training on
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- packing provisions
- package marking and labelling requirements
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- documentation requirements and completion procedures
- segregation requirements within a CTU
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on the use of CTUs
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The online training course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate.