This UK CAA approved course is for personnel including freight forwarders, operators and ground handling agent’s staff, responsible for processing or accepting dangerous goods consignments. Employees must be competent to perform tasks aimed at verifying and validating that the dangerous goods being offered for transport, comply with the applicable provisions of the regulations and are in a suitable condition for air transport. They may work for freight forwarders, ground handling agents or operators.
This training course includes a registration fee with IATA. Upon successful completion of the examination, students will receive an IATA training certificate which is recognised internationally.
The training course can be undertaken in your own time at your own pace. You will have access to a comprehensive workbook with exercises in each section to test your learning.
You will need access to a current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations to complete this course. This is available to buy or to rent on a weekly basis. Please choose this option during checkout.
This training course covers the following areas identified as a well defined job function:
- Understanding the basics of dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods applicability
- Understanding the general limitations
- Identifying different roles and responsibilities
- Understanding the importance of classification & packaging
- Understanding hazard communication
- Familiarising with basic emergency response
- Processing/accepting cargo
- Review documentation
- Review package(s)
- Complete acceptance procedures
- Collecting safety data
- Report dangerous goods accidents
- Report dangerous goods incidents
- Report undeclared/mis-declared dangerous goods
- Report dangerous goods occurrences
Upon successful completion of the training, students must undertake a remotely proctored 1:1 examination.
Previously covered under Category 3 & 6.