UK CAA approved training for shippers and persons undertaking the responsibilities of shippers’, including operator’s staff acting as shippers, operator’s staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Materials (COMAT).
This training course includes a registration fee with IATA. Upon successful completion of the examination, students will receive an IATA training certificate which is recognised internationally.
The training course can be undertaken in your own time at your own pace. You will have access to a comprehensive workbook with exercises in each section to test your learning.
You will need access to a current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations to complete this course. This is available to buy or to rent on a weekly basis. Please choose this option during checkout.
This training course covers the following areas identified as a well defined job function:
- Understanding the basics of dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods applicability
- Understanding the general limitations
- Identifying roles and responsibilities
- Understanding the importance of classification and packaging
- Understanding hazard communication
- Familiarising with basic emergency response
- Classifying dangerous goods
- Evaluate a substance or an article against the classification criteria
- Determine dangerous goods description
- Review special provisions
- Preparing dangerous goods shipment
- Assess packing options including quantity limitations
- Apply packing requirements
- Apply marks and labels
- Assess use of overpack
- Prepare documentation
Upon successful completion of the training, students must undertake a remotely proctored 1:1 examination.
Previously covered under Categories 1 & 2.
There are no reviews yet.